CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE, NJ— Cape May County Chamber of Commerce Chairman Doug Burke announced today the winners of the Chamber’s 2020 Excellence Awards, which will be presented at the organization’s Annual Meeting on October 21 through the virtual platform Remo.
“At the Chamber, the highlight of our year is to recognize the businesses, organizations, and individuals in our community whose exceptional efforts help others to excel, promote Cape May County for the benefit and advancement of our entire community, and who look for opportunities to share their time, talents, and expertise with those around them.”
“With this in mind,” continued Burke, “we are awarding our Member of the Year Award to the entire Membership of the Cape May County Chamber of Commerce. ‘We’re all in this together’ has become our unofficial motto in the time of Covid, and without the collective commitment of all of our members to assure the strength and vitality of the Chamber, our ability to continue as the strong voice of business in Cape May County would have been jeopardized. We know that there are still difficult times ahead and we will continue to work hard on behalf of all of the businesses in Cape May County and now more than ever, we thank you for your support.”
Additionally, the Chamber is proud to present Excellence Awards to the following:
- Volunteer of the Year Award, sponsored by the McMahon Insurance Agency, presented to Peter Morano with South Jersey Gas.
- Two individuals will receive the Young Professional Award, which is sponsored by the J. Byrne Agency. They are Christa Linnington with the J. Bryne Agency and Nina Ranalli with the Cape May County Chamber.
- The Golden Whelk Tourism Award, sponsored by Crest Savings Bank, goes to Joe Cleary with Morey’s Piers.
- The Spirit of Leadership Award, sponsored by Little Oaks Campground, is presented to John Cooke from the Sea Crest Inn.
- The Cape May County Betterment Award, sponsored by Clark’s Moving & Storage, goes to Harriet Tubman Museum in Cape May along with Zack Mullock and the builders and artisan craftsmen who worked to accomplish this historic attraction.
- The Environmental Leadership Award, sponsored by The Lomax Consulting Group and Mott MacDonald, is awarded to the Cape May – Lewes Ferry.
To join in the presentation of these awards during the 76th Cape May County Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting, visit www.capemaycountychamber/events for details.